Pages

Monday 11 February 2008

A world without the norm

So here I am, half 2 in the morning, blogging. Doesn't get much better than this. Maybe if I'd tried to get some sleep instead of playing Kingdom Hearts I wouldn't be in this mess. Then again, whenever I try to get an early night I wonder who's online, how my wrester application on Facebook is doing, whether or not I've got any comments on Myspace and if any webcomics I read have been updated.

This is the norm, and since my laptop is next to me at all times and needs to be surgically removed, it sort of interferes with sleep. I can't remember back before I had at least a computer which didn't have an internet connection. Okay, my desktop had a modem which I shared with my dad, passing through to each other when one of us got bored with being online, but still it affected my insomnia. If I wasn't told to get offline, I stayed awake until all hours on (I'm ashamed to say it) chatrooms, and the old social networking sites I used to frequent.

I even had at least two games consoles in my room since the age of 7, and while they've helped me become the lovable gamer I am today, they did stop me sleeping the normal hours when I came of age and was allowed to pick my own bedtimes.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to. There are many people out there, like me, who are online at all hours doing nothing. Friends, family, random people who found my e-mail online. I've talked to all of them at 3am when we've needed to be up at 8am the same day for a busy day.

Is this wrong? The amount of times I've woken up for a lecture and regretted writing that wall post at 2am are too many to count.
If only I'd saved my game 2 save points before.
There was nothing on TV so why did I turn it on?

All have been through my mind at some point or another.
So would the world, and people's sleeping patterns, be better off without electronics?

I for one would hate it. Late at night is the only time I get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! I need the company and social interaction.